Waiting List Process
The TTUHSC Parking Services waiting list is designed to accommodate faculty and staff members who would like a parking space that is currently unavailable (i.e. sold to someone else). The overriding goals of the waiting list process are to 1) maximize fairness to everyone on the waiting list and 2) facilitate the timely purchase and availability of newly vacated parking spaces.
Getting on the waiting list
- The waiting list is only accessible through Parking Services Online Services. In addition, you must have a valid email address set up under your eRaider account, since this is how you will be notified of spaces becoming available.
- There is a separate waiting list for each lot. As spaces become available, members of that lot's waiting list will be offered the spaces on a first-come, first-served basis - before those spaces are made available to everyone.
- When you go to the waiting list page, you will see a list of lots that you have signed up for (if any), along with your position in the waiting list. You may also see a message indicating that you are not enrolled on any waiting lists or that you are already signed up for all available waiting lists.
- You will be able to sign up for waiting lists by clicking the "Sign up" button. If you do not see the "Sign up" button, then you are already enrolled in all currently available waiting lists and will see a message to that effect. Clicking "Sign up" will show you a list of reserved lots and any sold-out area lots. Simply select the lot(s) for which you wish to join the waiting list and click the "Submit" button.
- Once you are enrolled in a waiting list, you will see information about the lot for that waiting list, along with your sign up date, your spot on the waiting list (with 1 being the very top person on the list) and the total number of people on the waiting list.
Area Lot Waiting Lists and Pre-registration
- Waiting lists are for the current fiscal year only and are not applicable to pre-registration.
- Any offers you receive from the wait list process are for the current fiscal year.
- If you wish to purchase an area lot permit for an upcoming fiscal year during pre-registration, but it is sold out, you should check availability after the new fiscal year begins (after September 1st). If the area lot is still full, you will be able to join the wait list at that time.
- The first-come, first-served basis on which area lot permits are sold precludes us from having any sort of wait list in advance of a given fiscal year.
Receiving an offer notice when a RESERVED SPACE becomes available
- Twice weekly (currently Tuesday and Friday mornings), the system will review recently expired permits to see if anyone is on a waiting list for the lot in which a space is opening up. If there are people on that lot's waiting list, the top few people (by sign-up date), will receive an email offer for that space. Any one of those people may purchase an offered space on a first-come, first-served basis. Currently, 10 people at a time are offered available reserved spaces.
- If you do not wish to purchase the parking space(s) you have been offered, simply do nothing. Should you change your mind, you will be able to view any open offers you have received by checking your waiting list offers. Offers expire once the space is purchased or everyone on the waiting list for that lot have been offered the space.
- Once a space is purchased, it is removed from the waiting list. This means that anyone who was offered this space will no longer see it on their list of valid offers, nor will anyone else be offered that space until it becomes available again.
- Once everyone on the waiting list for the specified lot has been offered a particular unsold space, the space will be made available to everyone the next time offers are sent out. Although that space will no longer appear on your list of open offers, it will be available for purchase by anyone through the regular permit purchase process.
- The system will not offer you the same space twice. This helps avoid sending unnecessary email to those on the top of a waiting list, and it also helps make sure that refused offers get propagated fairly down the waiting list to others that may wish to purchase that space.
Receiving an offer notice when an AREA SPACE becomes available
- Twice weekly (currently Tuesday and Friday mornings), the system will review recently expired permits to evaluate available capacity in each of the area lots. If there is available capacity, and if there are people on the waiting list for that lot, the top people (by sign-up date), will receive an email offer for that space. One offer will be sent per available space. This means that if 2 spaces open up in an area lot, the top 2 people will receive an offer. If there is still capacity the next time offers are sent out, additional notices will be sent.
- Once you have been offered a space in an area lot, your offer will be available as long as there are still available spaces in that lot. However, please remember that additional people on the waiting list will receive offers until the lot is once again full or until everyone on the waiting list for that lot has been offered a spot.
- Please note that receiving an offer does not guarantee you a space. There may be others higher on the waiting list who have already been offered a spot but have not yet purchased one. You may check your open waiting list offers online at any time.
- Once all of the available spaces have been purchased and the area lot is once again at capacity, offers will no longer be valid for that lot. The next time additional space opens up in that lot, offers will again be sent starting at the top of that lot's waiting list.
Checking for offers
- You do not have to use the link in your email to purchase a parking space from a waiting list offer. You may check your outstanding offers anytime.
Accepting an offer
- Important: Once you take advantage of a waiting list offer, you will be removed from the waiting list for that lot. This helps ensure that everyone has a chance at a "good" parking space. You may rejoin the waiting list for that lot at any time.
- All waiting list permit offers are for the current academic year. If you take advantage of a waiting list offer, you will be buying a permit with an effective date equal to the date of purchase. We cannot "hold" an open space for the next academic year. For example, if you know someone is retiring on August 31st and want to purchase their space, you will have to wait until their current permit expires and then you will have to receive the offer (the 1st group of offer notices would be sent out early September 1st using this example) and you would also have to be the 1st person to accept the offer.
- If you wish to purchase an offered space, simply click on the relevant link (either from your emailed offer or your online offer list). The vehicle selection screen will appear - where you will see a list of vehicles that we have found registered to your previous permit(s). You will need to associate at least one vehicle with your new permit. To do this, select one or more of the listed vehicles, or click on the link to add additional vehicles to this list. Once you have selected one or more vehicles and click "Next", your permit will appear in your shopping cart for you to complete the checkout process.
- If you take advantage of a waiting list offer, you will have two permits. Your original, old permit, and the new permit you purchased off the waiting list. Please scrape off your old permit and bring it with you when you come in to pick up your new permit.
- The "pay at pickup" option is required when purchasing your new permit. This is necessary so that any difference in price (due to switching between area and reserved space lots, for example) and/or payroll deduction related paperwork can be handled at the time you bring in your old permit and pick up your new one.
Rejoining the waiting list
- Once you take advantage of a waiting list offer, you will need to rejoin the waiting list if you wish to continue to receive offers for that lot. This helps ensure that everyone has a chance at a "good" parking space.
Address:3601 4th Street STOP 6290 | Lubbock, Texas 79430-6290