Frequently Asked Questions
Why can't I run a Cognos report in Excel format?
In order for Cognos to successfully deliver your Excel report, you must add the Cognos website to your Internet Explorer list of trusted sites and ensure that trusted sites are allowed to handle Excel content. To resolve this problem follow the steps below.
- Sign in to Cognos at http://cognos.texastech.edu .
- In the IE Menu Bar, go to Tools, then select "Internet Options".
- Click on the "Security" tab.
- Click on the "Trusted sites" icon (big green check mark icon).
- Click the "Sites" button.
- Type in "*.texastech.edu" in the textbox and click the "Add" button.
- Make sure the "Require server verification..." check box is UN-checked.
- Click Close.
- Move the "Security Level for this zone" slider all the way to the bottom ("Low" setting).
- Click "OK".
Finance Reporting FAQs
Email Finance Reporting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why can't I get results when I run a Cognos report?
If you try to run a Cognos report and get a blank page instead of results, see button or prompt non-responsiveness, or see prompt page layout irregularities, your internet browser settings (IE10 or IE 11) may not be compatible with Cognos. To resolve this problem follow the steps below.
- Sign in to Cognos Connection at http://cognos.texastech.edu.
- In IE 10 or lower, go to Tools, then click "Compatibility View".
- In IE 11, go to Tools, then click "Compatibility View Settings". Type in "texastech.edu" in the "Add this website" text box, then click the "Add" button. You should now see "*.texastech.edu" listed.
Finance Reporting FAQs.
Email Finance Reporting at email@example.com
Address:3601 4th Street STOP 6209 | Lubbock, Texas 79430-6209