TTUHSC Contracting Office Responsibilities
The Contracting Office provides administrative support to the Executive Vice President Finance and Administration for the review, approval, and execution of contracts required for the:
- Procurement of services for Texas Tech Health Sciences Center.
Real Estate Purchases
Professional Service Agreements as defined by Statute
- certified public accountant
- landscape architect
- land surveyor
- physician, including a surgeon
- professional engineer
- state certified or state licensed real estate appraiser
- registered nurse.
- Provision of services by Texas Tech Health Sciences Center.
Service Income Agreements
Lease Income Agreements
- Interagency relationships with Texas Tech Health Sciences Center.
Our goal is to support the educational and research missions of the Institution by facilitating the execution of business contracts while ensuring compliance with Board of Regents' Rules and Regulations and Institutional, state, and federal laws, policies, and procedures.
Your Responsibilities as Contract Manager
Departments should ensure that all Institutional policies and procedures including purchasing requirements are met prior to submitting a contract for review and signature. The other party should not be authorized to proceed, nor should payment be approved, until the contract is fully executed (signed by all parties).
As the departmental manager for a contract, your responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Negotiating and drafting the initial contract, including contract provisions that hold all parties accountable for performance results and outcomes.
- Submission of the agreement document into the Contracting System for review, approval, TTUHSC authorized signature(s).
- Obtaining and returning a fully executed agreement to the Contracting Office.
- Verifying that the other party complies with all of the terms and conditions of the agreement.
- Ensuring that all services have been received to your specification prior to authorizing payment.
- Ensuring that all revenue generated pursuant to the terms of the agreement is received and deposited into an appropriate Institutional account.
- Ensuring the collection, review, and maintenance of any required business associate agreements, certificates of insurance, independent contractor questionnaires, and performance bonds.
- Monitor the contract to timely initiate amendments, renewals, and termination notices as may be required.
Approval and Execution of Contracts. No person has the authority to commit Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center for any purpose (e.g., enter into agreements) except as authorized in Regents' Rules, Section 07.12, and HSC OP 10.11, "Delegation of Authority by the President." Contract managers are cautioned that no commitments or other action should be taken on the contract until final execution by the authorized officers or approval by the Board of Regents has been obtained.
Address:3601 4th Street STOP 6217 | Lubbock, Texas 79430-6217