Introduction to the Purchasing Department
The Texas Tech System Board of Regents has delegated purchasing authority to the Purchasing Department for the acquisition of equipment, materials, supplies and services for the institution.
TTUHSC Purchasing leverages the institution's buying power to develop strategic relationships with suppliers and implements cost-effective contracts. Their expertise ensures that procurement decisions will be made in the best interest of the institution and in compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
Additional responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Procure high-quality goods and services at the best value by managing the supply chain.
- Coordinate collaborative purchasing projects across purchasing departments to support institutional vision.
- Deliver user friendly procurement methods, training programs, customer service and support to the financial community.
- Incorporate social, economical and environmental standards in purchasing practices and policies.
- Participate in state-wide collaborative purchasing initiatives to support higher education cost-savings goals.
Managing Director of Purchasing & HUB Coordinator