TTUHSC Purchasing Department
Making an appointment and speaking with a member of the Purchasing staff is a critical first step to building a business relationship with Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. We want to understand your business as best as possible and will recommend leads of campus departments you may want to call upon. Also, we are able to run "spend" reports that identify which departments are buying what you are selling.
The following are the roles & responsibilities of the Purchasing Department so that you better understand the organization and how we can best help you:
- Coordinates public bid processes for larger dollar purchases; any product or service over $15,000 must be competitively bid on an informal basis; any product/service over $40,000 must be formally bid (existing competitively awarded contracts may be considered);
- Assures fair and open access to TTUHSC business;
- Serves as a resource to connect qualified suppliers with TTUHSC campuses and departments;
- Makes sure that TTUHSC adheres to responsible purchasing practices and policies governing Texas public agencies;
- Works to ensure that the diversity of our medical and educational community is reflected in the suppliers utilized by TTUHSC.
3601 4th Street, STOP 9021
Lubbock, Texas 79430
6630 South Quaker, Suite 200
BOTTOM LINE: make no mistake, the Purchasing Department can and will help you; BUT to be successful, you must drill down deeper and develop relationships with individuals at the department level who make the day-to-day buying decisions.
Address:3601 4th Street STOP 9021 | Lubbock, Texas 79430-9021